African Enterprise Border Pattern

African Enterprise Border Pattern

24 January 2011

Foxfires Student Testimonies 2010 - Nairobi, Kenya

AE's Foxfires teams in Kenya had an amazing impact over the course of last year. Here are testimonials from some of the lives who were touched by their youth ministry at Nembu Girls High School in Nairobi:

Susan Nyambura
"The foxfire youth team was very open and free to us. I personally felt close to them and they boosted my confidence. They have helped me to relate well with my friends and gave me a bigger understanding of the word of God."

Felista Kalunde
"They are friendly and know how to talk freely with us youth. You should continue with your work for I know it is God who sent you. Actually, I never knew that there were people who cared for teens. Most of us were lost in darkness. Bad company brought me down but when foxfires came, they counseled me and I was able to rise up again. Thanks a lot and may God bless you people and May you reach many other youths."

Esther Mureithi
"The year 2010 has been an year like no other with foxfire team who have helped build our hearts, body, mind and soul. This team has build our character, social life and academically. They also helped me to develop my personal relationship with Christ. They have also helped me to relate with my mother, in that I didn’t know how to best relate with her thus it was difficult to approach her in time of need but now I can relate well with her. I pray that the foxfire program be supported by all who are able to reach out to many schools and advise other peers in similar situations."

Melvis Mabera
"Foxfires was a good team because we associated with them and asked questions and gave us satisfying answers which helped us to solve our problems. I had problems with my father but after they talked about family relationships, I was able to forgive my father for he had wronged me and now I love him so much. This team also was a role model to us and they were able even to answer our silly questions. Being also an orphan, I was able to appreciate my situation and started to love every one."

Judith Moraa
"This foxfire program has helped me spiritually by helping me to know God in a personal way. This raised my low self esteem. This also developed confidence in my life and I became more assertive in my thinking, wrong attitude in life. This program also has helped me to handle stress in a positive way. The foxfire program is the best and I attribute all the knowledge I have to them."

Brenda Odhiambo
"I had backslidden when I was in class three and joined my friends who didn’t like going to the Church for prayers for five years in primary school. When I joined Nembu High School, the first Wednesday, we were gathered for guidance and counseling. I wondered why such a program was part of school curriculum but my friend who was born again advised that this was a good program. After attending the first session I realised that there was a special book in the world that exists known as the Bible."

Mary Mucheru (Head of Guidance & Counseling, Nembu)
"The School has greatly benefited from our interaction with the foxfire team and the impact of the program has been great in the following ways:

➢ The students have been able to conquer the spirit of rebellion and we as teachers we are witnesses of this.
➢ We have also experienced peaceful times, especially in times of crisis.
➢ Laziness amongst the students has become a thing of past.
➢ The students are now able to relate well with one another, teachers and parents. Parents don’t complain much of discipline issues with their children as before.
➢ No cases of pregnancy have been reported in the recent past in our school as students do abstain from irresponsible sexual behaviour due to increased faith.
➢ Cases of drugs and substance abuse are almost unheard of now! Our students have increased self awareness.
➢ Telling lies and stealing amongst the students now has decreased and our girls have vowed to become ladies of integrity."

No comments:

Post a Comment